RESPECTING INFORMATION PRIVACY
We recognise the importance of protecting personal information in accordance with the Indonesia Personal Data Regulation (ie. Regulation of Ministry of Communication and Informatics No. 20 of 2016 on Protection of Personal Data in Electronic System) and any other applicable local personal data protection laws, regulations, codes of practice, guidelines or guidance notes as may be issued from time to time (as the case may be) (“Privacy Laws”).
In collecting and handling personal information, we are bound by the Privacy Laws, including the personal data protection principles/ obligations in Indonesia and applicable privacy regulations.
THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We may collect personal information about you including, but not limited to your name, address, phone number, email, gender, occupation, personal interests and any other information provided. For some services and products, we may also collect your personal information to enable verification of your identity, including information from your passport, driver’s licence, and health care and concession cards. If you access any of our services through a social network site such as Facebook, we will collect limited information provided to us by that social network site, such as user name, site ID and email address.
It is mandatory for you to provide us with your name, contact information and other details marked as mandatory as requested by us. If you choose not to furnish any mandatory personal data requested or wish to withdraw your consent or significantly limit the processing of your personal data, you agree that (notwithstanding any agreement between you and us) we may not be able to provide you with our services and products.
If you submit personal information to us in relation to an employment opportunity, we may also collect information about your employment and academic history.
We may also collect non-personal information about you including, but not limited to, data relating to your activities on the Website via tracking technologies such as cookies, web beacons and measurement software or data relating to survey responses.
You acknowledge that the personal information you provide us and which we collect from you, is your own information or information which you have been authorised to provide to us.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may collect personal information about you from a variety of sources including, but not limited to:
- registering to use the Website or parts of them through a your account on the Website;
- logging in to use our Website via your social networking site (“SNS“) account;
- subscribing to receive Alerts/e-brochures and filling in forms, applications surveys or research, participating in promotions and competitions on the Website or websites of our service providers;
- contacting us or our service providers for any reason including, but not limited to, reporting a problem with the Website, requesting further services or seeking our assistance;
- posting or contributing material on our Website;
- by disclosing the information to debt collection agencies to recover any amounts you owe us; and
- applying for an employment opportunity with us directly, via an SNS site (eg. LinkedIn) or through your nominated referees.
We may also collect your personal information through our related bodies corporate, our service providers and third parties so that we may provide a better or more relevant service or product to you.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
More specifically, we may use personal information which it has collected to:
USING AND DISCLOSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR MARKETING PURPOSES
- use your personal information (ie. your name, residential address, mobile phone number, residential phone number and email address) to provide you with information about offers, promotions, goods or services and for direct marketing real estate, investment and/or financial products/ services (and we may not so use your personal information unless we have received your consent), which we believe may be of interest to you; and
- provide your personal information (including your name, residential address, mobile phone number, residential phone number and email address) to (i) real estate agents or agencies, property developers, builders, retirement community operators, landlords, financial and investment providers that have listings or advertising on our Website and which you have requested information from by submitting an enquiry; and (ii) our service providers (so that they can provide you with products or services on our behalf or products or services that you have requested directly from them, or to help us to provide you with our products or services) for gain and/or for use by that person in direct marketing real estate, investment and/or financial products/ services (and we may not so provide the data unless we have received your written consent to the intended provision); and
- share your information (ie. your name, residential address, mobile phone number, residential phone number and email address) with our service providers and other third parties (who are our clients or financial services companies, investment service providers and telecommunications services providers) so that they can provide you with products or services on our behalf or help us to provide you with the requested products or services including contacting you in relation to the products or services.
We may not so use your personal information for direct marketing or share your information with others for direct marketing unless we have received your consent. Further, we will give you the opportunity to request that your information not be used for further direct marketing in the future in our communications with you.
WHO WE DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO
We may disclose personal information to our related bodies corporate, service providers or business partners.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- to our service providers (who are our clients or financial services companies, investment service providers and telecommunications services providers), so that they can provide you with products or services on our behalf or products or services that you have requested directly from them, or to help us to provide you with our products or services (including if you are a shareholder, to share registrar and share plan management service providers). If you have subscribed to a service through the operating system on your mobile device (including, but not limited to Google’s “Google Now” service), we will disclose information such as your search history to Google. You can opt out of us providing such information to Google through the operating system on your mobile device.
- to third parties where you have requested information, services or products from them.
- relevant public, government or regulatory authorities, our legal representatives or other concerned parties, in special situations where we have reason to believe that disclosing your personal information is necessary to help identify, contact or bring legal action against anyone damaging, injuring, or interfering (intentionally or unintentionally) with our rights or property, users or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities.
- where we are otherwise authorised or required by law to do so.
DISCLOSURE AND STORAGE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION OUTSIDE YOUR COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE
Personal information submitted customers and visitors to our Website may be held on servers located in the data centres of exotiqproperty.com’s outsourced data processors with data centres in Australia, the United States of America, Europe and Asia. We transfer data outside of your country of residence to our service providers in order to obtain secure storage, back-up and data retrieval services and to provide services. We have implemented policies and procedures to safeguard the secure storage and processing of data with its related companies and has verified the security arrangements of its outsourced data processors. When you provide us with your personal information you give us your consent to store your personal information outside of your country of residence for the purposes described above.
Where we have obtained your consent or taken other measures to do so, we may also share your personal information with our service providers and other third parties (who are our clients or financial services companies, investment service providers and telecommunications services providers) located outside your country of residence in accordance with the Privacy Laws so that they can provide you with any products or services requested by you, including contacting you in relation to the products or services.
We strive to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of personal information we collect. We have established safeguards and use reasonable security measures to protect your personal information from unauthorised access, modification and disclosure. Our employees, contractors, agents and service providers who provide services related to our information systems, are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us. We review and update our security measures in light of current technologies. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure.
CORRECTION AND ACCESS
We will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep accurate and up to date, any information which we hold about you. If, at any time, you discover that information held about you is incorrect or you would like to review and confirm the accuracy of your personal information, you can contact us.
You can also gain access to the personal information we hold about you, subject to certain exceptions provided for by law. To request access to your personal information, please contact us.
You can also notify us to limit the processing or to cease processing of your personal information. To exercise this right, please contact us.
We are committed to providing its customers with a fair and responsible system for the handling of complaints.
If at any time you have any concerns, complaints or questions in relation to your privacy or the operation of exotiqproperty.com, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we may resolve your concerns.
COOKIES AND WEB BEACONS
We may combine our cookies, information collected through the cookies and web beacons on the Website with other information (including information collected by third parties using their own cookies and web beacons and providing our cookies and information to third parties) and use analytics services – to provide better or more relevant services and advertising to you on the Website and third party websites. Our service providers and other third parties may do the same in order to provide more relevant services and advertising to you through other websites that you may visit.
APPLICATIONS, WIDGETS OR LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
USERS BASED IN THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA
If you access our Websites from the European Economic Area (EEA), you may have additional rights under the General Data Protection Regulation, being Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR) in relation to the handling of your Personal Data (as defined in Article 4 of the GDPR).
In providing our services to you, we may monitor your activity on the Websites using automated processes, including for the purposes of counting usage of our Websites and creating audience profiles. We do this to provide you with more tailored and relevant services, including to show you more relevant properties.
- request access to Personal Data that we hold about you;
- request a copy of Personal Data that that you have provided to us, in a structured electronic format;
- request that we update any inaccurate Personal Data that we hold about you;
- request that we restrict the processing of Personal Data that we hold about you. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of Personal Data, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it;
- object to our processing of your Personal Data;
- request that we delete any Personal Data that we hold about you, subject to any legal obligations we have to retain your Personal Data; and
- withdraw your consent to the processing of the Personal Data that we hold about you. Once you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your Personal Data for the purpose(s) you originally agreed to, unless we are required to do so by law. This will not affect the lawfulness of any processing of Personal Data based on your consent before its withdrawal.
Where your Personal Data is transferred outside of the EEA, it will only be transferred to countries that have been identified as providing adequate protection for Personal Data, or to a third party where we have approved transfer mechanisms in place to protect your Personal Data – i.e., by entering into the European Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses, or by ensuring the entity is Privacy Shield certified (for transfers to US-based third parties).
For further information or to exercise any of your rights as a EEA data subject under the GDPR, please contact email@example.com
Last updated in March 2023
We our affiliates and subsidiaries respect your privacy.
We collect information by automated means when you visit, access, or use our desktop and mobile websites, mobile, tablet, electronic newsletters and widgets (collectively, “Sites”). Our property portal is balipropertydirect.com
WHAT ARE COOKIES, WEB BEACONS AND PIXELS?
A “Cookie” is a small text file that a website sends to your computer, tablet or mobile phone to uniquely identify or store information in your browser.
“Web beacons” and tracking “pixels” are bits of data that count the number of users who access a website and track how they use the website. Web beacons used on our Sites or in emails allow us to see how successful an article has been, or whether an email message was successfully delivered and read in a marketing campaign. Web beacons are also used to verify any clicks through to links or ads contained in emails. We may use this information to help us identify which emails are more interesting to you and to inform advertisers how many people have clicked on their ads.
“Tracking URLs” are special links that allow us to measure when a link is clicked on. They are used to help us measure the effectiveness of campaigns and advertising and the popularity of content that is read.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE OBTAIN THROUGH COOKIES?
The information we obtain through Cookies and similar technologies may include your IP address, mobile device advertising ID, browser characteristics, device characteristics, unique device ID, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, logs on actions taken on our Sites such as content on which you may click while browsing the Sites, and dates and times you access or use the Sites. In connection with our mobile and tablet apps, we may use similar automated means.
WHAT COOKIES DO WE USE?
Our Sites implement different types of Cookies, including:
- First-party Cookies: These are Cookies that we place on your device when you visit our Sites.
- Third-party Cookies: These are Cookies that are set by a website other than ours when you visit our Sites.
- Persistent Cookies: These Cookies remain on your computer or mobile device for the period of time specified in the Cookie. They are activated each time that you visit the Site that created that particular Cookie and may remain on your device following the end of your browsing session.
- Session Cookies: Session Cookies are created temporarily. These Cookies allow us to link your actions during your browser session on our Sites. A browser session starts when you open the browser window and finishes when you close the browser window. Once you close the browser, all session Cookies are deleted.
- Strictly Necessary Cookies.
These Cookies are essential to the Sites in order to facilitate our authentication, sign-up or log-in process and enable you to surf on a Site or use its features. Without these Cookies, you may not be able to take full advantage of our services or features, and the Sites will not perform as smoothly for you as we would like. Strictly Necessary Cookies on our Sites may collect encrypted user session identifiers, device identifiers, demographic information, log-in identifiers and information necessary to authenticate users on multiple Sites. These Cookies are mostly Session Cookies that are deleted after each browser session.
- Functionality Cookies.
- Cookie Fungsionalitas.
In some circumstances, we may use functionality Cookies to allow us to remember the choices you make while browsing the Sites, to provide enhanced and more personalised content and features (such as customising a certain webpage, remembering your preferred language or remembering your username) and for other services you request, like watching a video or commenting on a blog.
In order to permit your connection to our Sites, our servers receive and record information about your computer, device, and browser, potentially including your IP address, browser type, and other software or hardware information. If you access the Sites from a mobile or other device, we may collect a unique device identifier assigned to that device (“REAUID”), geolocation data, or other traffic information for that device.
Functionality Cookies help us, for example, improve your visit to the Sites, use credentials to automatically login a user, determine the approximate device location during a session, count articles viewed or store selected language settings.
- Analytics Cookies.
- Cookie Analitik
We and our service providers may use analytics to collect information about your use of the Sites to help create reports and statistics on the performance of the Site and to present you with content tailored to your interests. Analytics collect information such as your IP address, type of device, operating system, referring URLs, country information, date and time of page visits, and which pages you visit the most. The information allows us to count our audience size, see the overall patterns of usage on the Sites, help us record any difficulties you have with the Sites and show us whether our advertising is effective or not. Information collected via the use of analytics will be de-identified, when it is no longer required for a legitimate business interest.
- Targeting and Advertising Cookies.
- Cookie Penargetan dan Iklan.
We use Targeting and Advertising Cookies to provide ads that are more relevant to your interests. This can be done by delivering online ads based on your previous web browsing activity, known as “online behavioural advertising”. Cookies are placed on your browser which will remember the websites you have visited. Advertising based on what you have been looking at is then displayed to you when you visit websites who use the same advertising networks. For example, if you look at a new three bedroom house on our Site, Targeting and Advertising Cookies may be used to show you ads for that house on social media platforms or third party websites. These Cookies may be combined with other information acquired from third parties. We may share this information with other organisations in accordance with applicable laws. We may also target you with ads based on your geographic location (determined by your IP address).
- Social Networking Cookies.
Our products may have social plug-in capabilities which may include Cookies used to allow you to register to our Sites with your social network account and to track both members and non-members of social networks for additional purposes such as behavioural advertising, analytics, and market research.
Facebook Social Plugin
In some circumstances, we may work with third parties to provide services on our Sites. For example, we use analytics services supported by third party companies who generate analytics Cookies on our behalf. We may not have access to these Cookies, although we may use statistical information arising from the Cookies provided by these third parties to customise content and for the other purposes described above. These companies may also transfer this information to other parties where required to do so by law, or where such other parties process the information on their behalf.
Third-party advertisers and other organisations may also use their own Cookies to collect information about your activities on our Sites and/or the advertisements you have clicked on. This information, which may be combined with other information acquired from third parties, may be used by them to serve advertisements on our Sites and third party sites that they believe are most likely to be of interest to you based on content you have viewed.
Third-party advertisers may also use this information to measure the effectiveness of their advertisements and to track aggregate usage statistics.
HOW CAN YOU MANAGE COOKIES?
You can stop Cookies from being downloaded on to your device by selecting the appropriate settings on your browser. Most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new Cookies, how to be notified when you receive a new Cookie, and how to disable existing Cookies. You can visit the links below for further information on how to disable Cookies within your browser:
Visit Google Support
Visit Microsoft Support
Visit Mozilla Support
Visit Apple Support
In addition, you can manage the use of Flash Cookies from the Sites using Adobe’s Flash management tools at http://www.adobe.com/security/flashplayer (Flash Cookies cannot be managed via your browser).
Your device settings may also allow you to prohibit mobile app platforms (such as Apple or Google) from sharing certain information obtained by automated means with us.
Please note that by disabling or blocking any or all Cookies, some features of our Sites may not operate as intended, or you may not have access to features or personalisation available through our Sites.
Last updated in March 2023